More on my Place of Work
- My current duties include being responsible for ensuring the
day-to-day activities involved in running the Trust's general
ledger and associated systems are undertaken. I have produced
a number of guides to using the various functions within the new
system. I am also responsible for producing reports within Oracle's
reporting system, Discoverer.
- I was part of the Financial Management Accounts (Corporate)
team. This team is responsible for a wide variety of tasks
including accessing the various remote services and pulling off
information required by the other departments within the Finance
Department. I am also involved in specifying hardware requirements
for the various computers and other hardware within the finance
department, making sure that the users know how to use them and
the Office applications that came with them.
- It is also part of my responsibilities to pay the bills for
clinical negligence claims that may arise.
- I was employed as Deputy Stores Accountant for
the Central Manchester Healthcare Trust. This meant I was
responsible for seeing that the invoices for each of the local
stores gets paid on time and that the suppliers charged the
correct price for the right goods. Trust expenditure on stores
items is over eight million pounds sterling per year.
- As well as this, I was responsible for tracing any unclaimed
VAT ensuring that it was claimed back.
- Within Finance I am often asked for my opinion on the uses of
computers, or why they don't work, before we involve the
specialist support staff, thereby reducing downtime.
A (very brief) overview of how the NHS
Back to the main page